Marty Turco Kicks Off Fundraising Campaign
Shaylan Spurway for local2 sault ste. marie
September 7th, 2011 at 6:22pm | Last Updated at 6:29pm
The Soo Pee Wee Arena is a non-profit charitable organization that is run by the Soo Arena Association. The oldest arena in Sault Ste. Marie, the arena itself was primarily built by volunteers in 1967. Since then it has become the home arena to hockey players young and old. Hockey players who have since left and had careers in the NHL, to players who still lace up and take the ice to partake in what is often referred to as Canada's game. Energy efficient updates, a parking lot upgrade, dressing room upgrades, ice plant upgrades and electrical system upgrades are all a part of the Capital Project list.
Individuals and business can make a donation to the Soo Arena Association by visiting their office inside the arena at 285 Northern Avenue or by downloading a donation form from their website www.peeweearena.com
- LSARC Blog: Sick, sick, sick
- Local U16 Civics girls soccer team wins Petoskey tournament (photo)
- Moderate to high fire hazard covers district
- St. Paul Patriots kick butt in elementary Track and Field competition (photos)
- You'll never guess what ate from this boy's hand today...
- Crime of the Week: Multiple violent home invasions
- How about taking a ghost walk in the Sault?
- Legalizing Prostitution: Local and National Consequences
- NDP says government ignoring housing crisis
- Ground broken for latest development at Sault College (photo)
- Car stopped going 167km/h. Driver was seeing what new car could do
- Growing petition takes aim at puppy mills' use of Kijiji classifieds
- Nice Friend - Not!
- Sault soccer team wins provincial tournament! (photo)
- The Debt Doctor: What spending personality are you?
- Letter: McDonald Park The Battle Continues