James Caicco Sworn in as New President of the SSM Chamber of Commerce
LOCAL2 Staff for local2 sault ste. marie
July 17th, 2012 at 9:55am | Last Updated at 9:56am
Caicco officially began his term as Chamber President on July 1, 2012 and will serve in this capacity until June 30, 2013. He takes over from Robert Reid who held the position from January 1, 2011 until June 30, 2012.
Reid, who is the President and CEO of N-SCI Technologies, will continue in an official capacity with the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce as Immediate Past President and as a member of the organization’s Executive Committee.
A native of Sault Ste. Marie, Caicco is the Broker of Record and owner of Century 21 Choice Realty Inc. He is also part owner of Centum Mortgage Approval Centre and Property One Management. He has over fifteen years experience in the appraisal and real estate industry, specializing in residential and commercial real estate.
James prides himself on his extensive community involvement. He spent 10 years as a member of City Council. He continues to stay involved in the community and has served on several different Boards including the Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, the Algoma University Board of Governors, and as the Sault Ste. Marie Representative on the NOHFC Board.
Caicco notes that he assumes the role of Chamber President optimistic of the opportunities available for businesses in Sault Ste. Marie. “We have a strong and vibrant business community in Sault Ste. Marie. I look forward to working with them and representing their interests. It is my honour to have the opportunity of serving this cornerstone of our community.”
He also adds that during his term, he hopes that we celebrate and recognize our businesses in Sault Ste. Marie. Throughout the next year we plan to ‘Showcase our Businesses to the Community.’
Szatanski, who is assuming the role of First Vice President, is the Branch Manager of the Queen Street branch of RBC Royal Bank; Spadoni, who is serving his fourth year as the Chamber’s Treasurer, is an associate partner at the local KPMG LLP.
The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce is the recognized voice of business and is committed to the enhancement of economic prosperity in Sault Ste. Marie. The Chamber represents the interests of 800 plus business and agencies and has been serving the needs of this community since 1889.
- Essar posts 2013 fiscal results, and they aren't pretty
- James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano) Dies From Heart Attack
- Dumping in a wetland? Sunnyside residents clash at heated Conservation Authority meeting
- Ed Buchan passes away after life of service to country and community
- Two arrested for being where they weren't supposed to be
- Queen Elizabeth elementary students went golfing today!
- Take your kids to the Kidz Summer Safety Festival on Sunday
- Get shredded and stop identity theft at Crime Stoppers event Saturday
- Civics U13 Girls Red kick off 2013 season in Petoskey
- This video clip will be hilarious for some and horrifying for others
- Jack Ostroski Sr. posthumously honoured by Ontario Federation of Labour
- Huge pet food recall following positive salmonella test
- SSMAC awards ceremony celebrates 2012-2013 - Photos
- Algoma U Thunderbirds holding summer sports camps
- A Beauty In Ward Two!
- General Meeting of Sault Ratepayers