Algoma U Thunderbirds Hold Cancer Awareness Weekend
LOCAL2 Staff for local2 sault ste. marie
November 21st, 2012 at 1:13pm
Action gets underway Saturday, November 24 with the women tipping-off against the Fanshawe Falcons at 6 pm., and the men's game following at 8 pm.
Algoma U is back in action Sunday, November 25 when they host the Niagara Knights at the George Leach Centre. Women play at 1 pm., followed by the men at 3 pm. Admission is $5 for adults and $3 for seniors and students (non-Algoma U). Those under 10 are admitted free.
George Leach Centre members and Algoma University students also receive free admission to all Thunderbird home games. As part of Cancer Awareness Weekend, all proceeds will be donated by the Thunderbirds Athletic Department to the Canadian Cancer Society.
Many thanks to everyone who has shown their support to date and Algoma University encourages everyone to come out to cheer on the Thunderbirds while supporting this worthy cause. All Thunderbird home games are played at the George Leach Centre, situated on the Algoma campus.
- Dumping in a wetland? Sunnyside residents clash at heated Conservation Authority meeting
- Ed Buchan passes away after life of service to country and community
- Two arrested for being where they weren't supposed to be
- Queen Elizabeth elementary students went golfing today!
- Take your kids to the Kidz Summer Safety Festival on Sunday
- Get shredded and stop identity theft at Crime Stoppers event Saturday
- Civics U13 Girls Red kick off 2013 season in Petoskey
- This video clip will be hilarious for some and horrifying for others
- Jack Ostroski Sr. posthumously honoured by Ontario Federation of Labour
- Huge pet food recall following positive salmonella test
- SSMAC awards ceremony celebrates 2012-2013 - Photos
- Algoma U Thunderbirds holding summer sports camps
- A Beauty In Ward Two!
- General Meeting of Sault Ratepayers
- Somewhere Out There...
- Midget Black Sox Take Another Loss